Optiver is one of the most reputable and innovative market makers in the world. The Strategic Projects team at Optiver is an internal strategy consulting team focused on creating tangible impact. This means not only analyzing strategic issues, identifying challenges and opportunities, and making recommendations – but also making those happen!
The team is based in Amsterdam and closely collaborates with Optiver's offices in the US and Asia Pacific regions. We are looking to add an experienced professional to continue growing our scope and project capacity.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver's business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver's Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city's progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Strategic Projects team plays a crucial role at Optiver, encompassing all aspects of the firm, from Trading to Business Operations and Technology. We contribute to the company's success by:
- Managing projects that are pivotal to enable the firm's ambitious business and growth goals.
- Enhancing critical business processes across all areas of the organization to ensure scalability.
You will collaborate with various teams across the entire organization to:
- Develop business plans for local and global growth and track their progress throughout the year.
- Crystallize pivotal projects and secure buy-in from senior management.
- Drive projects from inception to implementation across Optiver's European, US and Asia-Pacific offices.
- Optimize tools, systems, and working methods to drive more business growth.
- Develop frameworks and guiding principles to ensure thorough decision-making processes.
As part of the team, you will:
- Introduce new, effective ways of working to the team
- Help shape the team's direction and identify ways to further increase its value to Optiver
- Recruit, develop, and train new team members to support the business growth
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our Strategy Manager to be someone with:
- Between 6-10 years of experience in top-tier strategy consulting and/or industry strategy experience.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills; capable of thinking strategically while paying attention to detail.
- Commitment to developing an understanding of trading and technology – no prior experience in these domains is required.
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility.
- Hands-on mentality and drive to achieve results.
- Motivated by collaborating with high-quality colleagues.
- Ability to quickly grasp new topics and make them their own.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convert complex issues into succinct insights.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
The chance to work together with the best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
In addition you'll get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you'll hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Eleni Katzilieri at [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.