By bringing people together over coffee, Starbucks has become one of the world’s best-known and best loved companies. Working at Starbucks is a lot like working with your friends! When you work here, you’re not an “employee” – we call ourselves “partners” because we believe in shared common goals and mutual success. Our partners are our most valuable resource.
STORE MANAGER Arnhem
Starbucks, a job that tastes more like...
Development, that's the magic word. Develop yourself, your business, and your partners – that's what we call our colleagues. Manage the ultimate Starbucks experience as a Store Manager. Because in addition to coffee, we mainly serve genuine connection in our stores. ‘We are not in the coffee business serving people, but in the people business serving coffee.’ – Howard Schultz, Founder and CEO of Starbucks.
What you will do as a Store manager
- Every week you spend most of your time on the floor. Nice, because with you there, you can see what can be improved. Moreover, you cannot do without that genuine customer connection.
- During interviews with new baristas or shift supervisors, you already asked them about their ambition. You want to support their growth, so you train, teach, coach, and monitor the development of your partners.
- During your administration time you check the planning, make schedules, answer e-mails, and analyze the business. Have the targets been met, positive reviews?
- Within Starbucks' guideline standards, there is plenty of room to navigate. Do you want to organize events, or do you see opportunities to reserve tables for business meetings? A lot can be done in consultation with the district manager.
- Purchasing is based on forecast and expectation. Warm weather means more whole milk, cold weather extra chocolate and of course, you respond to parties and events. You make the order yourself or check the orders of the Shift Supervisor.
As a Store manager
- You have experience as a manager in retail or hospitality
- You can plan and organize – your store does not manage itself – but you can also delegate.
- Target driven is one way of leading. You prefer to focus on the people first, because thanks to them you achieve the targets.
- You are approachable, so your team has no trouble sharing their story with you.
- Stress at peak hours? Not you. Even with a shortage of staff or supplies, problems are there to be solved. Unforeseen things are always there, you keep your cool.
- Your working hours are flexible [Monday to Sunday], and so are you.
Working at Starbucks
Starbucks is personal! Not only towards customers, but also towards our own people. Working can go hand in hand with fun. And with our enormous ambition, there are plenty of opportunities! The standard is high, the sky is the limit. "Anything is possible if you want to. If you want to challenge and develop yourself." Jordi, Store Manager
What you get as a Store manager
- A minimum salary of € 2616,67 gross per month and go for the bonus by achieving your targets;
- Go for the bonus by achieving your targets. The bonus can be up to 15% of your monthly salary based on the results of every quarter;
- Annual bonus based on years of employment at Starbucks Netherlands;
- Recognition Program based on partner engagement and outstanding performance;
- Premium allowance of 5% on top of your salary when you work at high volume stores;
- The list of benefits is endless: free coffee during your shift always, a bag of free coffee every week and partner discount on all other products in store;
- You will get a one-year contract with 1 month probation time;
- Keep developing yourself, Starbucks has more than enough career growth opportunities for you;
- Fully coverage of travel costs by public transport (depending on traveling distance to the store);
- Retirement may still be a long way off, but it has already been arranged.
Store manager at Starbucks, is that for you?
Do you really want the tastiest coffee at work, served with a portion of challenge? Then this is the job for you. Press the apply button.